Pages

Saturday, July 9, 2011

Update MAC Semi-Precious Collection

As soon as I finished work I went to my MAC counter at Douglas to get my goodies. I was really excited and ready to swatch some eyeshadows. As you can see I bought two lipsticks, two Mineralize Blushes, the 234 brush and one Mineralize eyeshadow.
My MAC Semi-precious Purchase


I swatched the Mineralize Blushes in Warmth of Coral and Pressed Amber, they both looked very pigmented. They both feel very smooth and are easy to blend. They have no glitter, just a light sheen, which is just beautiful. Because they are light you don't have to be careful with how much product the brush picks up. I bought both because I don't own any blushes in these colors yet.
MAC Pressed Amber - Mineralize Blush

MAC Warmth of Coral - Mineralize Blush

Mineralize Blushes on NC20 skin

I first swatched Hint of Sapphire which is just gorgeous! Followed by Faux Gold, which is really pigmented and very nice as well. I then swatched Smoked Ruby and Dark Indulgence but they just looked black on my hand, I couldn't get the sheen that I saw in some online swatches to shine through, though their texture is very smooth. I finally swatched Rare Find, which is more(or darker) purple than Hint of Sapphire. I didn't swatch the other colors as I was not interested in those. I was torn which eyeshadow to choose; Faux Gold, Hint of Sapphire or Rare Find, they are all very beautiful. The reason I bought only one eyeshadow in the end is that I ran out of money! But I will try to get Faux Gold and Hint of Sapphire on Monday.
MAC Rare Find - Mineralize Eyeshadow
I bought Gem of Roses and Musky Amethyst. Gem of Roses is a nice pink lipstick, it doesn't look like my lips but better but I still like it. I don't own a lipstick like Musky Amethyst, it is just right for me, not too dark or too light.
MAC Gem of Roses and Musky Amethyst
I also bought the 234 brush, I applied the mineralize eyeshadow with it. It works well for that, I packed on the color using the darker side and blended it up using the white side. I didn't test it with other eyeshadows yet. It the last picture you can clearly see the split.
MAC 234 Brush

MAC Rare Find and the 234 brush
Overall I really love this collection. I am pleased with what I bought but I want some more...

Have a nice weekend!
Alexa

P.S. I got some sample from Estee Lauder; a mascara, day cream and Advanced Night Repair, I wonder if it works.