Pages

Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Brushes Wishlist

Since my last post about the brushes I bought from Hakuhodo, I realized I am still missing some more after watching countless youtube videos and reading reviews. I find I miss a highlighter brush, finishing brush and even more eye brushes. I also want a brush to settle my under-eye concealer. So I am planning to buy the Samantha Chapman Setting Brush and Expert Face Brush because after watching so many Pixiwoo videos I am convinced I need them in my life.
All the other brushes I want are from Hakuhodo because I like the quality and softness of their brushes. The brushes that start with G come from the G Series, B from the Basic Series, J from the J Series, K from the K Series and # from the 200 Series. The price of each series depends on the handle and hair used for each brush. I have spend hours comparing the various brushes from the series with each other both for dimensions and different types of hair in order to make this list. It embodies what I want to buy that I feel I still need.
  1. G5533BkSL Eye Shadow Brush round - Blue Squirrel - $24
    I think this brush is similar to MAC 226, I don't own a MAC 226, the Hakuhodo brushes are in my opinion better quality than MAC.
  2. G5523BkSL Eye Shadow Brush round flat - Blue Squirrel - $26
    This is similar shape to MAC 217 but with softer hairs.
  3. S102 Finishing Brush round and flat - Blue Squirrel - $142
    I want a finishing brush that is soft and has this shape and size, I couldn't find one in their cheaper series.
  4. Kokutan Eye Shadow Brush L - Blue Squirrel - $62
    I want a highlighter brush, this looks like the best one in terms of size and density. I saw this in a youtube video and it looks perfect for highlighting.
  5. J214R Duo Fibre Eye Shadow Brush Round  - Goat & Synthetic Fiber - $27
    I plan to use this brush for concealer or maybe even foundation application.
  6. J214 Eye Shadow Brush Round - Goat - $35
    I want this brush after seeing it in a youtube video.
  7. G5507BkSL Eye Shadow Brush round flat - Horse - $18
    I saw this brush in a youtube video and it seems perfect for applying eye shadow, that is what I am planning to use it for.
  8. K021 Eye Shadow Brush round and flat - Blue Squirrel - $33
    This brush could also work as a highlighter brush.
  9. K007 Eyeliner Brush round - Weasel - $15
    I already own one, I want a backup.
  10. K005 Eye Shadow Brush round and flat - Weasel - $18
    I have a similar shaped but denser brush from Samantha Chapman, this looks thinner.
  11. J5523 Eye Shadow Brush Round & Flat - Goat - $18
    This is the same as the MAC 217 according to other bloggers. I guess that is why it is always sold out.
  12. J5533 Eye Shadow Brush Tapered - Goat - $17
    This looks similar to a MAC 224, I don't own that, I want to test this one.
  13. J163HSH Eyebrow Brush H Angled - Horse & Synthetic - $18
    I want to compare this to my MAC 266.
  14. J190S Eyeliner Brush Round - Synthetic Fiber - $15
    The hairs are slightly longer than the K007 but seems better for gel eyeliner because it is made from synthetic fiber.
  15. G5530BkSL Eyeliner - Polyester - $15
    Another eyeliner brush to test :)
  16. 280 Lip · Concealer Brush Flat - Synthetic Fiber - $18
    I want another lip brush that is only synthetic fibers.
Hope this was helpful if you are planning to buying some Hakuhodo brushes.