Pages

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Brushes

So I decided to blog about the brushes I have and the ones that I want and why I have these.
I currently own the MAC brushes 217, 219, 239, 187, 130, 129SH and the 182 - Kabuki Brush. My favourite brush for applying my foundation is the 130 and for applying MSFN powder I use the 182. I also use the kabuki if I want to lighten my blush if I picked up too much product. I bought the 129SH for applying blush but I didn't like it so I don't use that anymore I use the 187 instead. I use the 187 with powders and blushes, it is a multitasking brush. All my eyeshadow brushes are great for my small eyes, the distance between my eyes and brow is short. I want to buy one extra 239 and 213 brush.

From top to bottom MAC brushes nr 130, 129SH, 187, 217, 239, 219 and 182 in the upper right corner
I also own 3 brushes from Guerlain which I got when I bought one Rouge G Lipstick and Terracota Light Bronzing Powder. They came in a small pouch with Guerlain written over it, it containted two eyeshadow brushes and one small face brush. They are great brushes and so soft.

After watching/reading reviews of Hakuhodo brushes on various blogs and youtube I am intrigued and I want to buy some brushes from them. Not right now because they are expensive but I hope later this year. The brushes I want to buy are from the Kokutan series; the Kokutan Finishing Brush LAG(I read it is really soft), Kokutan Eye Shadow Brush T(It's like a better version of the 219) and the Kokutan Eye Shadow Brush M. From the S100 series; the S103 Powder Blush Brush pointed and the S121G Eye Shadow Brush round and flat. I also want to buy the G516 Concealer Brush since I don't own any concealer brushes. The reason I don't want to buy the MAC 109 brush for contouring is that I want to buy the better quality brush from Hakuhodo the S103.

The reason I don't own or want to buy any eyeliner brushes is that I am not a fan of applying gel eyeliners. I want to buy a brow brush but I still haven't decided which one.

I hope this helps,
Alexa