Pages

Thursday, March 31, 2011

March Haul

Just for fun I wanted to recap what I bought in March. I don't think I'm gonna do this every month, just now and then. The pictures aren't the best quality I took them with my blackberry... The batteries of my camera died on me.
Things I bought in March


From MAC I bought two items from the Wonder Woman Collection which I already described in an older post. Here are some pictures... I really love the boxes the products come in, not the product package itself... It looks a bit childish...

MAC Marquise D' Lipstick

MAC Pink Power Mineralize Skinfinish
From the drugstore I bought two Catrice eye shadows, one Maybelline nail polish and two Max Factor Mascara's which was on sale (two for the price of one, lucky me!).
Sunny, We Love You is a yellow eyeshadow, the reason I bought it is because I wanted to make a peacock kinda look. I don't own any yellow eyeshadow yet, the one I wanted to buy from MAC I have to get it at the MAC Pro Store which is two hours away so I bought this one instead. Don't Drink and Dive is a blue(petrol?) kind of color, I just thought the color looked nice.
Catrice: Don't Drink and Drive - Sunny, We Love You
The only reason I bought the nail polish was that it had a new tip which was suppose to apply better. That didn't work, I was hoping it did because I have one by Rimmel and that one works great (Yes I only own 1 Rimmel nail polish...lol). So I was disappointed that the tip didn't work and yes the money spent on that could have been used to buy something else but lesson learned!

The mascara I bought is the one I have been using for more than 5 years now, it separates my lashes and elongates them too. I used to buy one by Maybelline when I recently repurchased that one again. It was immediately clear why I stopped using that one, it clumps on my lashes and it is also puts too many product on my lashes because my lashes than smear the product all round my eyes.

My first purchase of Urban Decay is the Urban Decay Deluxe Box. I wanted to buy the Naked Palette but it was sold out. Because of this I am now planning to buy the Vegan Palette and the Preen Shadow Box as well. I find all the colors in this box gorgeous, they are have good pigmentation. The box comes with a mirror but I don't find it quite handy. I already tested Scratch and Underground and they blend well. So I am very pleased with this purchase. This picture is pretty dark...sorry you can't see Ransom pretty well.
Urban Decay Deluxe Box

Have a great day!
Alexa