Pages

Saturday, May 21, 2011

New nail polishes

After debating whether I should buy new nail polishes online or not I took the courage and just did it. I bought 5 new nail polishes on Trans Design. And also Nailtek Foundation 2 which Misschievous says alot of good things about. And finally Seche Vite top coat, I heard so many good things about it from various people so I was really looking forward to it. Unfortunately when the package arrived one of the nail polishes was broken and was leaking...
The first color is from the OPI Pirates of the Caribbean collection, I only bought the shade Steady as She Rose. The other shade I wanted was Mermaids Tears but it was sold out already. I have been looking for a light pink nail polish for quiet a while and when I saw the swatches online I was sold. That was the color I wanted but when I saw it in real life it was a dissapointment! It doesn't look pinkish at all more of a lilac color but when I swatched it it looks a little bit more pink. Here you can see it on the far left.

The next color I was interested in is Senorita Bonita from China Glaze. I saw swatches online and was immediately drawn to the purple color. Purple is one of my favorite colors! I am happy to report that it doesn't disappoint at all! It's quite bright and has some glitters in it but it is not a glitter bomb... so I'm loving it.
The other shades are from China Glaze as well and are just colors I wanted to try, the shades are Heaven, Love Letter and Outta Bounds. Heaven is a beautiful color but the bottle came a bit broken... so I'm not in heaven with it. Love letter is a pinkish/peach color and the texture looks different from other nail polishes I own. It swatches basicly clear, so if I want color out of it I should put more than two coats for it to show up just a little bit. Outta Bounds is a metalic(shimmer) dark green nail polish, it bright but beautiful, I wil rock that color in the summer!
The colors after two coats without any base or top coat
Overall I am happy about my purchase but just a bit sad that Heaven was broken because it is a really beautiful soft color...

Have a great weekend!
Alexa