Pages

Monday, May 16, 2011

Online purchases

It's been a while since my last post. I took a week off from work to take care of my little brothers because my mom underwent surgery. She is doing better now. And I also had surgery to my right eyelid but I'm also way better now, I was just not looking forward to the needles. I just can't wear any eye make-up for a few weeks... But that still doesn't stop me from buying new eye make-up!
Before I went to my mother's house I received my latest make-up addition...



I bought the Urban Decay Vegan Palette. This is my second purchase at HQ Hair, the first one was my Deluxe Box also by Urban Decay, this one also took a week to arrive. I really like this palette because it comes with a mini primer potion in Sin and 24/7 glide on eye pencil in Zero. The package is small, so it easy to travel with. The colors are Minx, Urb, Gunmetal, Twice Baked, Smog and Half Baked. They all swatch beautifully except for Minx, it has fall out and is not as smooth as the other colors. So again I am happy with my Urban Decay purchase. Sephora Nederland started selling Urban Decay products as well on the 18th of April, I went there last week and pre-ordered Urban Decay Naked Palette. I couldn't resist it... Before April 18th Urban Decay was not available in the Netherlands and that is the reason I bought other Urban Decay products online. But in retrospect I may keep buying from HQhair because it is cheaper than buying here. I will decide later on...


I also finally bought my first Estee Lauder Pure Color Crystal Lipstick, in the shade 301 Crystal Baby. This was my first purchase at Strawberrynet, I received it yesterday and it also took about a week to arrive. I have to say that the formula is just great. It goes on smoothly and it doesn't wash me out, it is a nice nude color. I does look a bit like Marquise D' by MAC but Marquise D' has some golden shimmer to it and Crystal Baby doesn't. It doesn't last that long but it is so moisturizing that I don't mind reapplying.

The package I find a tad big but it is beautifully done. The only bad thing I have to say about this lipstick is the smell, I don't like the fig smell but since I love the formula I am willing to get over it.
Just so you can see the difference in size
I am hoping to buy 306 Crystal Rose next which I will also be purchasing from Strawberrynet because these shades are all sold out here and apparently are not coming back. Estee Lauder just released some new shades, I swatched them when I bought MAC Docile Lipglass. I was most attracted to Apricot Sun, after seeing some swatches of Candy online I tought I wanted that one but after I swatched it myself I was not sold on the color.
My next post will be about the new MAC collection called Surf, Baby! which just got released last Saturday.

Have a nice week!
Alexa