Pages

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Hakuhodo Brushes

Welcome back!

I know it's been a long time but yeah I've been busy with my studies and work. To recap I bought a lot of stuff since my last post from last year so I am going to start posting again on some past purchases, bare in mind that the pictures are of some used products (I couldn't resist ;-) ). I'll start with my pride and joy the Hakuhodo brushes. Be warned this is a picture heavy post. :)


I bought 7 brushes in November last year when the prices were lower as you can see below. I had hopes to buy some more before 2012 but I didn't make it. I have to say these brushes are super soft and the quality of the hairs are sooo good. They also keep their own shape after washing - I am in love with them! I want to buy 3 or 4 more and then I can confidently say I have all the brushes I need... The brushes S103, G5528BkSL and 271 are dirty.

As they don't stand on their own, I put them in the Samantha Chapman stand.
So lets take a look at what I bought. To start, I got some lip/concealer Brushes Flat the 271($12) and 283($14) from the 200 series, the 271 is synthetic fiber and the 283 is weasel hair - I use both mainly for concealer - one I find to be too small to be used as a lip brush.

271

283

I also bought the K007($9) Eyeliner brush round from the K series, this brush is also weasel hair - I used this with my Clinique gel eyeliner, it works fine. Personally, I just have to get used to the gel consistency because I have used liquid eyeliners all my life. I didn't take a picture of this brush separately but you can see it in the comparison below.

The next brushes are the G5528BkSL($28) and G5529BkSL($18) Eyeshadow Brushes Round from the G series. I thought the G5528BkSL was like the MAC 219 but it is slightly bigger although really soft, I use this as my below the brow highlighter. The G5529BkSL is smaller than I thought it would be but I still love it, both are blue squirrel which explains why they are sooo soft.
G5528BkSL

G5529BkSL

And finally I got the S142($27) Eyeshadow Brush Round which is also blue squirrel hair and S103($76) Powder Blush Brush Pointed which is goat hair both are from the S100 series, which I saw on Misschievouz youtube channel and she was right, the pointed brush is awesome and so so soft! As these are from the expensive range they have a gold ferule.
S142

S103
I also took some comparison photos between the Hakuhodo brushes and some MAC brushes.

The 271 is dirty with concealer.


With flash.


With flash, as you can see the left one is dirty.


With flash, as you can see the right one is dirty.
So to conclude these brushes are worth what I paid for them, they kept their shape after washing and are oh so soft. They arrived after a week, each individually wrapped and with care instructions. I am looking forward to buying some more in the future.

Till next time...