Pages

Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette First Impressions


After much consideration I finally caved and bought the Naked Basics Palette, I already own the the UB Naked Palette and I love it and use it often but sometimes I feel during the day it is better to use matte eyeshadow.




It comes in carton box that feels just right, but to my surprise the palette is even smaller than the box it comes in.


Back of the UD Naked Basics Palette
I love the packaging as it is small enough to carry in any bag without much hassle. The material feels kind of rubbery, I like it. The size of the palette is nearly as big as my Guerlain Rouge G Lipsticks as can be viewed in the pic below. It is also very slim.


Size Comparison Guerlain Rouge G Lipstick and UD Naked Basics
The colors look good in the pan. There are five matte and one satin eyeshadow. Venus is a highlight color with some sheen. Foxy is a yellow based lid/highlight color. W.O.S. is a pink based lid/highlight color. Naked 2 is a beige color. Faint is a brown color. Crave is a true black color.



I also took some swatches, Foxy and W.O.S. are not visible on my skin except when I use flash. For reference I am an NC20.


Without Flash

With Flash

With Flash
While I was swathing I noticed some fallout from all colors. I didn't use any UD Primer Potion for the swatches. The texture of the eyeshadows feel buttery and smooth but it is very powdery as can be seen in the pic below. I think the most powdery color is Crave and Foxy being the least powdery.



Finally the ingredient list as shown on the box it comes in.


UD Naked Basics Palette Ingredient List (click for larger image)
Overall I love the palette size but I didn't expect to find that Foxy and W.O.S. would be so similar on my skin color and barely visible, I feel Urban Decay could have chosen another color like a matte grey or deep purple to complement the palette better. If it had another deeper matte color it could have become my HG palette product. 
Till next time...