Pages

Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Everyday brushes



After posting about my brushes wishlist I also wanted to post about the brushes that I use everyday. And also do an update on the brushes I barely use. 



Let's start with the face brushes I most often use. These are my MAC 130 for applying foundation or bb cream, my MAC 187 for blush and Samantha Chapman multitask brush for powder. When I use bronzer I use my Hakuhodo S103
For my under eye concealer I use Samantha Chapman Domed shadow brush or Shading Brush
For concealing blemishes I use Hakuhodo K007 or 271, depending on the size of the blemish. For my brow I use MAC 266 to apply brow powder, for my brow highlight or inner eye highlight I always use my Hakuhodo G5528BkSL.


For applying eye shadow I use my MAC 239, for blending my eye shadow I use MAC 217 or my Hakuhodo S142 or G5529BkSL
If I am using a mineralize eye shadow I will always use my MAC 234, it is the best by far for applying this kind of eye shadow. I also use my MAC 266 for applying eye shadow as eyeliner or MAC 219 for precise color application. If I use a lip brush it is always my Hakuhodo 283.

The brush I never use is my MAC 129SH and the MAC 182. The reason being the MAC 129SH grabs too much blush in one go (even if I tap the excess off), I prefer using MAC 187 which I can control to apply blush gradually, it is also not very soft compared to my Hakuhodo brushes. 
In my opinion the kabuki brush (MAC 182) is only useful if you use powder as a foundation, in the summer I sometimes use it but when it gets colder outside I don't because I have very dry skin during the colder months.
I hope this was useful. Till next time...